To access our new website, please download the latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. Alternatively, you can visit us through a mobile device (smart phone or tablet).
We support the following browsers:
Internet Explorer - Version 9 and above
Firefox – Version 38 and above
Chrome - Version 45 and above
Safari - Version 8 and above
- Do I need to have a BOC account to purchase online?
- How do I register for the BOC Shop and My Account access?
- How do I purchase gas online?
- What format should my password be?
- How do I change my VAT display preferences?
- How do I open an account with BOC?
- I'm not sure if I'm a Consumer or a Company?
- Why does it matter if I'm a Consumer?
- What are the Pre-Contract and Hire Agreement?
- My bank account requires more than one signature but I want to pay by Direct Debit
- I would like to set up a Direct Debit, but am confused which options I need to select
- I can't agree that the products are for my sole use and that they will be used for safe and ethical purposes.
- I've received an email stating that there has been an issue opening my account. What is this about?
- Can I get duplicate copies of my account opening documentation?
1. Do I need to have a BOC account to purchase online?
If you are a new BOC customer you will need to register for a BOC account, or if you are an existing customer you simply need to activate your online account to be able to purchase. By registering you will be able to place your gas and equipment orders online. You will also be able to view your cylinder holdings, invoices and account balance. Alternatively, you can use the guest checkout feature to shop for equipment and safety products without registering.
2. How do I register for the BOC Shop and My Account access?
To register for the BOC Shop, please click on the Sign In/Register link on the home page of the shop. If you are not currently a BOC customer, you will need to complete the online account opening section to set up an online account. If you are already a BOC Customer, you will need a recent paper copy of a delivery note, invoice or statement to provide your account number and a document reference number.To do this select the 'My Account' icon, then go to 'My Account Profile', then select 'Contact Information'. You will then need to click the 'Change Password' button.
3. How do I purchase gas online?
To purchase gas online, you must have an online account as this is not possible through Guest Checkout. For existing BOC account customers, you can register for the BOC Shop. If you are a new customer you will need to set up an online account.
4. What format should my password be?
Passwords need to be at least 8 characters and must follow these rules:
• Your password is case sensitive
• You should include at least 1 letter and number
• Minimum of 3 consecutive letters or numbers
• Your password cannot be the same as your username
• Your password cannot have been used previously
• Your password will not expire however is managed by you through your account profile
5. How do I change my VAT display preferences?
The BOC Online Shop now displays all prices including VAT. You can change the VAT setting by clicking the VAT excl. / inc. toggle at the top- right hand corner of the webpage.
1. How do I open an account with BOC?
If you wish to purchase gas, please add the gas cylinder you want to buy to your shopping cart and then click checkout.
In the next screen select 'Register' to begin the account opening process.
2. I'm not sure if I'm a Consumer or a Company?
If you are an individual or part of a partnership of less than 4 people or part of an unincorporated organisation, then you are a consumer.
3. Why does it matter if I'm a Consumer?
Because BOC rent cylinders to our customers we are subject to the Consumer Credit Act, 1974. This offers Consumers greater protection. BOC are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The processes we follow are a requirement of the Act and it is therefore a legal requirement.
4. What are the Pre-Contract and Hire Agreement?
The Pre-Contract Information table shows you what gas you are buying, the rental frequency, and rental price. Once you have completed the account opening form, you will be signing up to a Hire Agreement.
You must complete checkout with the gas you have in your basket in order to fully open your new account. These are all requirements of the Consumer Credit Act.
5. My bank account requires more than one signature but I want to pay by Direct Debit
In order to set up a Direct Debit where more than one signature is required you must print off a hard copy of the Direct debit mandate (the
link is within the account opening form). Please fill this in and post it to:
BOC, The Customer Service Centre, Priestley Road, Worsley, M28 2UT.
To continue with your account opening, please choose to pay on account and then once your Direct Debit is received we will update your payment method to Direct Debit.
6. I would like to set up a Direct Debit, but am confused which options I need to select
In order to set up a direct debit online with BOC, your bank/building society must not require more than one signature in order to access funds, and you must be an authorised signatory for the bank / building society account.
7. I can't agree that the products are for my sole use and that they will be used for safe and ethical purposes. What do you want me to do?
In this case, please contact our customer service team on 0800 111 333 and they will be happy to help.
8. I've received an email stating that there has been an issue opening my account. What is this about?
It could be that there is already an account with a similar name or we need some more details from you. Please call the number from your email and we will be happy to help you.
9. Can I get duplicate copies of my account opening documentation?
All of the documentation will be saved in our systems. If you need a duplicate copy, please contact our customer service team on 0800 111 333 and we can email these to you directly.